Google

Sharing my paper crafting passion--- one Klip at a time!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Finally back for 2007!!


Wow! I really slacked off on my blog. One of my goals for 2007 is to keep current with my blog.....so here I go!!
I made this card for my son's friend for his birthday. I love using different patterns and textures in my projects....but I had to really play with this to get it to work. Everything used to make this is from Stampin' Up! I got to play with my new wheel - "rough around the edges". I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE textured wheels with the whisper white ink cartridge! Since Stampin' Up! does not offer this in the jumbo cartridge, I made my own with an uninked cartridge. I always keep a few on hand! On the old olive paper I just used old olive ink DTP (direct to paper) in long strokes acoss the strip. The striped paper is double sided designer paper "Four Season's". The base of the card is in bravo burgandy.
For the focal monogram part, the burgandy square was weathered using the distressing tool from Stampin' Up's cutter kit. The edges were sponged with bravo burgandy. Then I did some faux stitching using my uniball white gel pen and my crafter's tool kit. There is a wonderful tutorial on splitcoast stampers by a fabulous artist - Sharon Harnist. The letter M is from the Headline Alphabet, stamped with bravo burgandy and was cut out leaving the ivory paper showing around the edges a little. I sponged bravo burgandy ink on twill tape, laced it through a buckle from my hodgepodge hardware kit, and attached using sticky stip adhesive. The word wish was stamped with white craft ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.
I hope you liked this card! Please check back often, as it is my goal to keep this place updated! If I don't......e mail me and ask me what the heck I am doing! (lol)
And keep your eye out....................I am going to be posting a little give away soon!
Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

K said...

great card!