Google

Sharing my paper crafting passion--- one Klip at a time!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Bling Bling......










Hello? (lol) I am still here...hehehe. I love participating in my friend Jami's (aka the swap nazi) card swaps! I send a few cards and get back a wonderful box of creativity! This id one of the cards I made for the swap.


I have really been liking the bling lately......love adding a few rhinestones to a card to make it pop! Well, in this case....more than a few! I use glue dots to attach the larger rhinestones, but I have found that I am LOVING Stampin' Up's liquid glue for the small ones!! Honestly, I have owned the stuff for three years and have never found a use for it until now!! It is thick so it stays where I put it. It does not dry right away so I can Slide a stone a bit if I need to. And when it does dry....it is rock solid baby!!


This card features the You Make Me Happy stamp set and the Petals and Paisleys designer paper from Stampin' Up's spring mini catalog. I stamped the tempting turquoise card base all over with the little stitiched like stamp from the set. I stamped it horizontally and diagonally all over. The flower is stamped in cranberry crisp. The side panel is layered with so saffron, cranberry crisp and the designer paper. I added tempting turquoise brads to the corners.

The sentiment is stamped in the bottom corner with basic black ink.


I like the way some bling can take a simple card and make is pop. My idea initially was to have the rhinestones look like a flower as well....................but to me it kind of looks like a star? Oh, well....I still liked it....and it was fun to make!!

Well, it's off to bed for me! Soon anyway;) My little guy is sick (again) and will probably be up before the birds!!



1 comment:

Jen said...

oooohhhhh I love all the bling bling on your card!!! The card looks even cuter (is that possible?) in person!