Google

Sharing my paper crafting passion--- one Klip at a time!

Friday, February 23, 2007

Address Tin






A friend of mine asked me to come up with an address holder for a bride to be. She wanted something that the bride could leave out and would match the colors of her home. I cane up with two different ideas, and this is one of them. All of the supplies used are from Stampin' up! unless otherwise noted:)
Using sticky strip as an adhesive, I attached the paper (from spring showers) to the outside and top of the tin. I found a template on Splitcoast stampers that helped me cutting the top paper to fit the handle. I sponged the white metal that showed with creamy carmel craft ink and then heat set. The ribbon around the center and lid was attached using glue dots. The metal hodgepodge accent that surrounds the word addresses was attached using sticky strip. THe alphabet letters for the dividers were printed on very vanilla card stock and punched with square punch. Then they were attached to the dividers in a staggered manner. I wanted to provide plenty of address cads, and these were printed on the computer. On the inside lid I created a pocket for stamps. I also included a pen that I inserted the decorative paper into to match. I tied some ribbon to the handle, but i did not want ot cover the entire handle so the box could easily be picked up and used. The tin is from Provo Craft. This was fun to make......I want to make one for myself one of these days!! I have my addresses on the computer...but everytime we get a new computer I seem to have a terrible time transferring the addresses....and really need to get them recorded the good ol' fashioned way!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Tina I love this address tin! What a great idea and so very cute! I like you you even decorated the inside of the lid all cute.